Meet Our Team
Michael Brown, the founder and CEO of Dr. Food Cost Restaurant Consultants, started in the restaurant business, in 1976, amassing over 45 years of hands on experience. Chef Michael J. Brown is the owner of Jamburritos Cajun Grille Express, an award-winning food truck in the Phoenix Metro area. He has coached over 50 food trucks and restaurant operators. He holds a degree in Hotel & Restaurant Management. Chef Michael has owned 3 highly sought-after restaurants in New Jersey, 2 Food Trucks, a personal chef service and a catering company.
As part of the leadership team at Hyatt Regency, Marriott, and Hilton International he implemented many solutions which increased guest satisfaction and sales by over 45%. His highly sought-after restaurants were awarded “Best Cajun Restaurant (New Jersey Monthly Magazine), 3.5/4 Stars (Star Ledger), Very Good (New York Times), and many other notable mentions. Jamburritos Cajun Grille Express Food Truck was voted in the top 100 Food Trucks in the nation (2017) by MSN – achieving a ranking #27.
As a community minded business owner, chef Michael shared his talents to help raise money for local and national concerns like SOS (Share Our Strength), Meals on Wheels, Battered Women and more.
Adrienne Brown is excited to be back with ASU Prepped as a Content Coach and looks forward to helping the Spring cohort build their brand through content. As a Marketing Manager at USAA, Adrienne specializes in offer optimization and analytics for the company’s Property & Casualty lines of business. She also works closely with key stakeholders to ensure all content for her offers resonate with both the frontline staff and USAA members.
Adrienne holds an MBA in Marketing from Western International University. She is also Director of Marketing for Jamburritos and Jammin BBQ & Dawgs Food Truck – two successful concepts founded by her husband - chef Michael. In her spare time, Adrienne also provides marketing support for her local church helping to promote various community outreaches. When not engaged in marketing, Adrienne enjoys traveling, going to the movies and restaurant hopping with her husband. She also enjoys reading mystery novels, binge watching her favorite tv shows and hanging out with her adult age daughters.
Marcy is a speaker, entrepreneur and founder of a successful coaching and consulting practice that brings Fortune 500 skills, financial literacy and real-world ethics continuing education to small business.
Over 40 Years of Making a Difference
· 25 years in Accounting and Finance with Fortune 500 companies Motorola, Pepsi and 20th Century Fox
· Experience working in over 18 countries
· Fluency in Spanish
· 17 years as Entrepreneur, founder of Empowerment Unlimited Coaching, LLC an executive coaching and consulting firm Game inventor of e-Factor!® the educational board game of business ethics
Academic and Professional Credentials
· BS in Accountancy from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
· MBA from Duke University in Durham, North Carolina
· CPA registered in the state of Illinois
· Certified Professional Co-Active Coach from The Coaches Training Institute of San Rafael, California
· Certified Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
· Past President of the Accounting and Financial Women’s Alliance
· Former Board member of the Inventors Association of Illinois
· Member of the Illinois CPA Society
· Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
· Regional and National Speaker for the Society for Corporate Compliance and Ethics, Institute of Management Accountants, ACES IT Apple Consultants, IEEE, Rotary International, SHRM Regional Conferences, Better Business Bureau Serving the Pacific Southwest, ADISA, Association of Clinical Research Professionals, and more
Helene Tack specializes in helping businesses improve their environmental impact in creative ways with a focus on cost savings. She has spent over a decade working with small and medium sized businesses of varying industries, advising on how to reduce waste, energy and water consumption, pollution prevention and social responsibility in operations. She has implemented Towards Zero Waste initiatives at large events, launched a Green Business certification program and developed local procurement resources. She is an avid recycler, hiker, camper and dog-rescuer.view profile
Melissa is a native Arizonan and graduate of Arizona State University. She has been a social media marketer since 2017, and founded Copper Sky Social Media to help business owners have a consistent and genuine presence on social media for their current and future clients.
With a passion for outstanding customer service, Melissa strives to ensure her clients feel as though they have true partner that wants only the best for their business.
Previously, Melissa was a fundraiser for individual donors at Phoenix Art Museum, and held various management roles in hospitality in Scottsdale, AZ.
Are you tired of sitting down to write a caption and having dreaded writer’s block or even worse getting distracted by more urgent tasks?
Have you not posted anything in 2 weeks? 2 months? Or (no judgement) 2 years?
You’re a busy business owner. You manage staff, send out invoices, and do countless other tasks throughout the day. Let us boost your visibility, attract your ideal clients, and makes your competition envious.
You deserve to have social media that will make your life better.
We will be your biggest cheerleader, and will work tirelessly for you and your business which will allow you to do what you do best.